We are a Datchworth Church and Community project.
- We collect donations of good quality furniture and household items that are no longer wanted or needed.
- We then resupply these essential items free of charge to families and individuals facing challenging circumstances, referred to us by Care Workers in Hertfordshire.
- Furniture Friends deliver to people of any faith or none.
- This encourages recycling and re-use, preventing furniture from ending up at the dump.
- Furniture Friends is run entirely by volunteers.
- Our running expenses are about £3,500 a year. Any help is gratefully received.
- Donations are most welcome: http://tinyurl.com/GivealittleFF
We’re so grateful to our Friends of Furniture Friends who make regular donations. They are a lifeline for us and our recipients. Thank you
Meet the Team!
……..and meet our van!
We are always busy – and we always need help.
There are a variety of jobs and we welcome whatever time you can spare.
If you would like ask about volunteering – contact us for more information.
Read our latest news update
Some Testimonials from Care Workers
“Hello Furniture Friends. What life savers you are. I was stressing about how to help this lovely Ukrainian woman furnish the empty flat she just got. You have offered so much for her. I am thrilled and I know she will be as well. Herts Welcomes Refugees
“In so many ways ‘Furniture Friends’ have been a life saver for a young mum – they have delivered bedroom and lounge furniture and changed the lives of this family. They have all gone out of their way to help either through the organising process or pure muscle power! An awesome charity with awesome volunteers. I cannot thank you enough.” HCC Social Worker
“I just wanted to let you know what a difference you have made to our families. I visited my client today and for the first time in 4 years the children were dressed and clean, the house was tidy and organized. Your help and donations have given this family a new direction and a sense of pride in their home which has had a huge impact on the children and their wellbeing.” Senior Social Worker
“What you are doing is amazing and is really making a difference to our residents. I really don’t know how we could have helped so many of our tenants without you.” Tenancy Sustainment Officer
“Thank you for the bags of toiletries and colouring book and crayons you gave to the family in Hitchin, when you delivered furniture. The gift was really unexpected and for a family where money is on a budget a chance for them to have a little bit of something nice for themselves, which will definitely have a positive knock on effect on their self esteem and sense of worth.” Family Support Worker