If you are showing symptoms, or are confirmed to have Covid-19, Defra offer this advice:
- All contaminated waste (such as tissues and wipes) need to be securely sealed in a rubbish bag.
- Put this bag inside another bag and tie the top securely.
- Store the bag separately from other waste and recycling (and away from pets) for three days, before putting it in your general waste bin as normal.
- Do NOT put contaminated tissues in your home recycling.
- The impacts of the Coronavirus outbreak may mean there are changes to your normal waste collections.